Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Point Brugge Cafe



On a recent afternoon Stacy and I decided to visit the gardens of the The Frick. After a great afternoon touring the grounds, lunch was on my mind. I know the Cafe at the Frick is very good, but there appeared to be quite a wait for a table so we decided on the Point Brugge, which is only a couple of blocks away.

I've driven past here many times in the evening, and it's always been packed, so I thought that three in the afternoon would be a great time. Of course it was packed, so we sat at the bar.

The menu has a nice mix of lunch entrees, soups and salads, and sandwiches. The Point Brugge has always been known for the Moules Bowl, which is a pound of steamed P.E.I. mussels prepared with your choice of three different sauces. Wine and light cream, red curry with coconut milk, or a tomato sauce with saffron and fennel broth. The mussels are served with crusty bread.

Stacy decided on the Chicken Milanese which was a boneless breast with a light sage panko breading, served over arugula and topped with a sautéed mix of banana peppers,
new potatoes, asparagus and tomatoes. I went with the Mediterranean Tuna Melt which is marinated Italian tuna salad baked on a ciabatta with melted provolone, lettuce, tomato & spicy roasted tomato-pepper relish. Both dishes were spectacular.

They also have an impressive list of Belgium bottled beers, and also four on tap. Overall, I really give this place high praise...I'm sure we will return.

Point Brugge Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: