Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rico's


In years past, I would frequent Rico's quite often. I remember sitting at the bar and seeing Art Rooney Sr. (yep, The Chief!), and Lynn Swan come in one evening. The Rooney family and many local sports figures still dine here, probably because it's the kind of place where no one will bother them. The place hasn't changed much, they still have a coat check, valet parking (that's not necessary)and it's still decorated in old school Italian. Rico will usually greet you at the door. The place still has the feel of rare old school elegance.

We started our meal with salad with a nice mix of fresh greens, house Italian dressing and chunky Roquefort cheese. It was really fantastic. For the main meal, my daughter ordered Poached Salmon, I chose Veal Medallions, and Stacy and Jaye went for the Filet Mignon. All of us raved about our meals, and my veal may have been the best I've ever had. I still remembered my favorite selection from years ago was the Walleye Pike, and even though I didn't order it, I was happy to see it was still on the menu!

If you want progressive, inventive food, this might not be the place for you, but if you want a great traditional meal, prepared with top quality ingredients, and a little pampering, try Rico's!

Rico's is kind of hard to find, hidden on a hill just off of McKnight Road at the Millvale exit. As always, just click on the title to see their website.

No comments: