Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tessaros...Not just for burgers anymore


One of my favorite spots in Pittsburgh is Tessaro's in Bloomfield. I'm not quite sure what it is about the place. It's one of those places that I go to and just feel confortable. A huge bonus is that the food is excellent!!! Most people around town know Tessaros for their big, char grilled burgers. You always see their name when reading about the best burgers in the area and they deserve it. The beef is fresh ground on site and they and grill it on a wood grill that you can see from the restaurant. The smell is fantastic! The pleasant suprise is that the rest of the menu is just as good. Believe it or not, the tuna melt is great. Another favorite of mine is the steak salad. It has fresh greens and big chunks of steak, not top round or steak um's. I know that they have a mexican day also and while I'm usually there for lunch, I've noticed several fresh seafood selections for dinner. I really want to get back and try some of the other selections on the menu.

No comments: