Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome to 'BurghFeeding!


I'm a BurghFeeder...All I mean by that is that I love to eat and drink my way through life, enjoying and savoring every unique eating establishment that I can find! It also means that I live in the 'Burgh, Pittsburgh that is.

The Burgh (as the locals call it) is loaded with unique and unusual foods. The home of chipped ham, (yes, chipped) steaks cooked "Pittsburgh Rare," Pirmanti's Brothers sandwiches, church's that cook and serve periogies and monster size fish sandwiches and many other local specialities. I'll talk about all of these as time allows, but now I'm getting hungry!

Now I know that this city can't compete with the culinary offerings of some of our larger city's on the coasts, but I just don't care! I like to go to some of the more popular food forums like Chowhound, Roadfood and a few others, but they just don't capture the spirit of this great area. I'm talking about unique, enjoyable, fun, and social eating.

I'd like to start some discussions on favorite local food and drink finds, and get all of your ideas on these and other subjects...Maybe even meet a couple of local foodies! Feel free to leave your comments!!!!!

Dave Clifton

No comments: